Today I stepped outside my comfort zone and made something other than Blueberry Muffins! I tried Apple Bran Muffins from my favorite cook book at the moment, George House Recipes .
They were amazing...and the kids loved them. We ate the whole dozen between the four of us! Next time I will definitely be doubling the batch!
Apple Bran Muffins
1 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1 cup Apple, peeled and finely chopped
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups bran flakes cereal
Directions
Preheat oven to 400°f. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Mix apple, water, dry milk, vegetable oil and egg in small bowl; add to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Stir in cereal. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool slightly; serve warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment